Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Think You're a Hoot! - Owl Oreo Valentines

Somewhere (and for the life of me I cannot remember where so I apologize in advance to whomever I got this idea from!) I saw how to make adorable owls using Oreo cookies.  This gave me an idea for a Valentine for my son to give to his cousins.


I started with Oreos (or in my case faux Oreos!) for the body of the owl. I then melted white candy melts in the micorwave and filled a baggie with the melted candy and snipped off a tiny bit of the corner of the bag so I could pipe on the whites of the eyes.  Then I added yellow & red food coloring to the remaining white to create the orange for the beak and feet.  Finally I used mini chocolate chips to finish the eyes.  And what do you know, the cutest owls I've ever seen!


I put them in snack bags and stapled the bag topper that I created to the top as the finishing touch!  I just love them and I hope my neice and nephew do too! 

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Probably more work then I will realistically do but I am saving this page anyway. Found you on Tatertots&jello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I'll bet your niece and nephew just adored them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are to cute. Im bookmarking this for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, this is adoooorable!! my nephew is really into owls (he's 2!!), and the hubby brought me home oreos as part of my valentine's day treat! i may have to make these for him still! he won't know it's not vday anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the cutest oreos ever! I wish I would have seen this a couple of days ago! I found you on Made By You Mondays and am now following you.

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Treasurista said...
    Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found you on Made by You Mondays. You're right! They are the cutest owls I've ever seen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you be willing to share a download of the baggie topper with us! It's a HOOT! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww! so adorable. I also did owls for valentines for one of the kiddos....love love love owl stuff! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the cutest owleos ever! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete