The magazine showed red envelopes with white notecards, but I had white envelopes with red cardstock so I just went with what I had on hand! I used my Silhouette to create 10 note cards with a scalloped edge and tiny heart cutouts. On each card I wrote one thing that I loved about my husband (you can always make me laugh, you always wash the dishes, etc...). They can be sweet, silly or anything you like. For five of the cards, I included gift certificates/cards that corresponded to the message on the card.
- You can always make me laugh: Gift card to the movies to be used to see a funny film together
- You can always make my heart melt: Gift card to Dairy Queen (ice cream melts!!)
- You always tell me I look beautiful, even when I don't!: Gift certificate to his barber (to keep him lookin' good!)
- You would give anyone the shirt off your back if they needed it: Gift certificate to his cleaners (to clean said shirts)
- You are an amazing father: Gift card to a local grocery chain to be used for "pop" for this car cooler (he travels a lot for work and keeps a cooler of drinks in his car to keep from spending so much on drinks at gas stations.)
Once I had all of my envelopes stuffed, I used a gluestick to glue the flap of one envelope to the front of another creating a long chain of envelopes.
Then I folded it up, accordian style, and sealed the top flap with a label that I, again, created using my Silhouette (see pic at the beginning of this post). Lastly, I tied it all up with a red satin ribbon and now I have a pretty (but still manly) Valentine to give my sweetheart tomorrow!