Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday Bucket

My son will be turning 2 next week (WHAAA?!?!?!?  When did that happen?). I've been busy, busy trying to get everything ready for the big day (I'll post pics of the party here so you can see what all that I've done!), which is one of the reasons I've been MIA here lately.

One thing that we do to get ready for the celebration is to bring out the birthday bucket. 



I purchase seven small, inexpensive gifts, wrap them and put them into the birthday bucket. Starting one week before his birthday, he gets to choose one gift from the bucket to open. He gets to open one gift per day leading up to this birthday, thus creating a little birthday countdown.

Last year I just purchased a bucket from the Dollar Tree and called it a day. This year I decided to jazz it up a bit. I downloaded the balloon banner from the Silhouette store and used Brady Bunch Remastered font to create my design. I cut it out on white vinyl and applied it to my bucket. 



A couple of curly ribbons and big polka-dot bows later, I've got this:



Pretty darlin' if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! 7 gifts leading up to his birthday-what a lucky kid! Thanks for sharing! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete