Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tastebud Tuesday: Strawberry Fudge Pie

It's strawberry season here in Southeast Virginia! 

We are fortunate enough to have several strawberry fields near our house where we can go and pick to our hearts content.  There was a beautiful day a few weeks ago and my son and I took advantage of the sunshine and warm weather and went to pick some berries.  It was the first time for both of us and we really enjoyed ourselves and I hope to make it back again soon.


We enjoyed the berries as snacks for several days, but then I needed to use the rest up before they went bad.  That's when I stumbled across this recipe on Betty Crocker's website. One word: HEAVEN!


This pie is rich and decadent and oh so bad for your hips, but worth every single bite!  There is a layer of pie crust followed by fudge brownie then cheesecake and finally strawberries drizzled with hot fudge sauce.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment