Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' birthday and at the last minute I thought it would be fun to celebrate it with my son. Being that this was a last minute decision and my son is all of 19mo, there isn't much of a wow factor here but I thought I would share anyway!




 Beautiful red and white carnations that I found at the grocery store for $4......woo hoo!!



 My son's lunch.....Green Eggs and Ham (& cheese sandwich) with One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Goldfish crackers.



 The Dr. Seuss books we read at naptime and bedtime.



The Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes we made using red velvet cake mix, white frosting and blue cotton candy.
The cupcake wrappers were made using my Silhouette and Dr Soos font downloaded from dafont.com

My little Thing 1 helping me make the cupcakes!

I found a red long sleeve tee at Walmart for $2 (score!) and I already had T-Shirt transfers on hand, so I quickly made him a Thing 1 shirt.  The transfers I had were for light t-shirts and would have turned out better if I had the dark t-shirt transfers that leave a white backround, but again I was doing this last minute and trying not to spend too much money!  It served its purpose and the little man didn't seem to mind one bit!

Maybe next year I'll be more prepared (maybe.....)!

No comments:

Post a Comment